This is a pleasant bike ride, not a race, making the LSLF Bike Tour perfect for families, individuals, senior citizens…basically anyone who wants to enjoy a lovely bicycle ride while helping to raise money for cancer research.
Although anyone is welcome to participate (including walkers), for safety reasons, riders of tricycles, bicycles with training wheels, skateboards and scooters are not allowed to participate in the Tour.
The event will take place rain or shine on Sunday, May 6, 2012.
All participants will meet in the Soundview Marketplace parking lot near entrance. Soundview Marketplace is located on Shore Road.
To reduce congestion at the starting point (and, since it’s not a race), we will stagger start times for both course lengths:
• Longer course tour begins at 8:00 a.m.
• Shorter course tour begins at 9:00 a.m.
• Both length courses will start groups of riders at three-minute intervals
• We’ll send you an email with the time you should arrive so you’re not waiting around to begin
• You will need to sign in and receive your participation wristband so plan to arrive about ½ hour before your tour start time
• The ride will take about 30 to 60 minutes or so to complete, depending upon which length you choose and how fast or slow you and your group ride
When you’re finished with the course, stop by Port Washington Bicycles for your completion certification and “I rode for research” rubber wristband. Wear it proudly as a symbol of your efforts towards finding a cure for leukemia and allied cancers.